Wednesday, February 23, 2011

54/365... Face in a Book joy

Day 23 | Joy of Love: "facebook"

I have been guilty of spending countless hours on the computer. Facebook, blogs, websites, forums. All truly wonderful things. BUT they take time away from the things that matter the most... my faith, my family, myself.

When I had a few moments today, I chose to put my FACE in a BOOK instead of logging onto Facebook.

It was time well spent.

Face in a Book joy.

54/365

Disclaimer... I wasn't REALLY reading while taking this picture. Obviously. But... I did start it today and it's pretty good. I am taking baby steps to a healthier lifestyle. As of today, I'm 7 pounds lighter. And it feels good!

9 comments:

Melissa February 24, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

Hee!! So cute (and clever!), Shannon!

Misty February 24, 2011 at 2:25 PM  

Great photo. Way to go on the 7 lbs!

Stephanie February 24, 2011 at 5:43 PM  

Congrats on the weight loss and good for you for the healthy changes.

deb duty February 24, 2011 at 5:49 PM  

Love your expression!

grandmabish February 24, 2011 at 8:14 PM  

This is a GREAT shot! Congrats on sticking to some positive changes. Sounds like they are paying off.

elizabeth February 24, 2011 at 9:21 PM  

how true, for over a year now i havent really read a real book,
just blogs , and filling my mind with internet information and trying to learn more -
i need to cut back too or find a healthy balance.
i miss my reading

Catherine February 25, 2011 at 7:17 AM  

Love this selfie! I've been putting an audiobook on while I drive to pick up my kid -- and it's been sooo good to do that without feeling guilty. I wish I were reading health books--need that motivation too! LOL

Amanda Norton February 26, 2011 at 6:48 AM  

This makes me laugh out loud. I love it!

Melanie April 6, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

Hey Shannon, What did you think of this book? I was looking at it in the store yesterday and it looked really interesting, but I don't think I would commit 100% to being a vegetarian. Are you a vegetarian? Would you recommend this book for just having a healthier lifestyle?