Saturday, July 10, 2010

191/365... Bye bye butterflies joy.

The lifecycle of a butterfly is truly a miraculous thing. We have watched caterpillars grow, make their cocoons, and then hatch as beautiful butterflies. It truly has been a wonderful learning experience for my kiddos.

Today, we let them go into their natural habitat. My oldest son grew pretty attached to the butterflies. Although he understood why we needed to let them go, he cried when the last one flew away.

We can never get a dog.

Bye bye butterflies joy.

191/365

5 comments:

Courtney July 11, 2010 at 8:15 AM  

That is so sweet!! I noticed we are in the finding the light workshop on CM together :O) I am super excited!!

Unknown July 11, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

Love it, beautiful and full of emotion!!

Laurie July 11, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

What a sweetheart! And do tell me what you think of the Finding the Light workshop you and Courtney are in. I am still saving for my lenses, then it is on with the workshops! And I found a super cute camera bag for taking it with (not for storage, just for little trips around town). kettihandbags.com super cute!

Tamra July 11, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

So sweet, and what a great experience for them! I, also, can't wait to hear about, and look forward to taking, Finding the Light!

Kat July 12, 2010 at 11:44 PM  

Love this one. He is so intent on finding the best home for that butterfly. Nice capture.