Tuesday, March 9, 2010

68/365... Layla Grace joy

I sit here and am finding the words difficult while my heart feels so much. It is breaking and overflowing at the same time. Tears continue to stream down my face.

The life of sweet Layla Grace has touched my heart deeply. Layla lost her fight to Neuroblastoma and went to play with the angels early this morning. She was two years old. I never had the privilege of personally meeting Layla or her family but am honored to know them for they are such an amazing example of a strong faith and fighting spirit. Millions of people have been touched by this precious family. www.laylagrace.org

As a mom of 4 young children, there have been moments that I want to scream for Calgon to take me away. Instead, I send a prayer of thanks to God for blessing my life in countless ways. I especially thank Him for the Calgon moments because my babies are alive and well.

Now I'm going to give each of my sleeping babies another kiss goodnight and tell them how much I love them.

Layla Grace joy.

68/365

8 comments:

Courtney March 9, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

Will pray for Layla Grace's family but so happy she is now with God. I, too, am thankful for two healthy children. Love this photo.

Kori March 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

I had not heard of Layla Grace until today when I read about her on CM and then saw your post on facebook. I just read their last two entries on the blog earlier tonight and just wept. I just can't even comprehend. I too will kiss my babies an extra time tonight, and pray for more patience with them and to not take a single moment for granted. Your Simple Joy's blog inspires me to do that too.

Mindy March 9, 2010 at 11:01 PM  

This beautiful photo captures the hope that can only come from God and our inheritance up in heaven. I'm glad Layla's pain is gone and am continuing to pray for her family. Off to give extra kisses to my two little ones.

Kat March 10, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

Beautiful image...touching tribute.

Amy McMaster March 10, 2010 at 10:45 AM  

Beautiful image, beautiful dedication. <3

Laurie March 10, 2010 at 6:16 PM  

Love your words and the photo is perfect. Very fitting.

Melissa Weber March 11, 2010 at 11:07 PM  

This is beautiful, and your words are so fitting and perfect. I can't imagine their loss, but am so glad she is at peace and dancing with angels now.

Courtney March 12, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

So heartbreaking. Beautiful photo.