Thursday, March 18, 2010

77/365... Let's go fly a kite joy.

Today was a perfect kite flying day.

Unfortunately, I was the only one who thought so. My son was not thrilled with holding the kite string. My daughter was cold and mad because her kite got tangled up in a tree within the first 5 minutes of our kite flying time. It was so windy I thought they were going to blow away.

So, I tied the string around a left-over soybean plant, bribed them with sugar-free candy, and demanded them to stand by the kite string just so I could get this shot.

I know they will soon love to fly a kite. It just wasn't today.

Let's go fly a kite joy.

77/365

4 comments:

Laurie March 18, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

You sound like me. "Just let me take one more picture and I'm done, I promise!!!" How'd you get the kite to fly? We tried that last year and it was a bust.

Mindy March 19, 2010 at 2:08 AM  

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has to bribe her kids for photos! :) Love your processing on this.

whippetmom March 20, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

lol at bribing for pictures...happens all the time here, but your picture is so worth it :)

Erin Gizzie March 21, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

Love your pp! And I bribe all the time :)