Saturday, June 19, 2010

170/365... Missing my brothers joy

Saying goodbye is never easy.

We said goodbye to my brothers today. They fell in love with Colorado a year ago and have decided to make a new life there. I am so very happy for them and do wish them the absolute best.

I'm just going to miss them terribly. I've been a crying mess since I have heard that they were even considering moving. The last two weeks have been rough. This is going to be a big adjustment. It already feels different that they are not here.

Missing my brothers joy.

170/365

It was nice to see him smile. To say he had a rough day is an understatement.

While doing some tree work, he had an encounter with poison ivy. The symptoms kept getting worse. Blisters, fever, swelling, itching... So, after MUCH persuasion, I took him to urgent care TODAY (yes... the day of the move). Two hours after I brought him back home, they were on the road.

As a mother and their big sister... I'm very worried about this long trip they have ahead. I hope and pray that God will keep them safe and sound.

I also pray that my brothers don't end up killing each other in the process. LOL!

170/365

3 comments:

Mindy June 20, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

Your family looks and sounds so close, how special for your to capture this important time for them and hugs to you as you're missing them!

Laurie June 20, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

What a sweet sister you are! Hope the transition gets easier for all of you! :)

Courtney June 22, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

Moving is always hard, even more so for those left behind I think!! Best of luck to them!!