Tuesday, May 3, 2011

123/365... Wilbur the Boxelder Bug joy

When I first caught glimpse of this little critter in our kitchen, my first reaction was to grab a paper towel and kill it.

But I didn't.

It quickly became our "pet". The kids named it Wilbur. Wilbur spent the entire day circling the island in our kitchen. Always going the same way.

Whenever the kids went in the kitchen, they were careful not to step on Wilbur.

This story does not have a happy ending. Poor Wilbur died an untimely death of natural causes. We gave him a proper burial as we sent him to be with the fish and toilet paper.

Wilbur's life was short but I'm fairly certain we will always remember him.

Wilbur the Boxelder Bug joy.

123/365

4 comments:

karren May 4, 2011 at 9:46 PM  

Too funny! It gave me a chuckle!

Tracy May 4, 2011 at 10:06 PM  

This gave me a needed chuckle as well. We have those and they make me all crawly when I know they are in my house. Adorable photo!

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About May 6, 2011 at 5:51 AM  

LOL! This made me laugh! I love it!

lacey May 17, 2011 at 2:54 PM  

Hahahaha!! Long live Wilbur! :) Great shot and a very cute story, Shannon!