Sunday, April 11, 2010

101/365... I love my birthday joy

I had the perfect birthday.

A kiss good morning. Beautiful weather. Time to myself. A family picnic on our patio. A Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet!! Numerous emails, facebook posts, texts, and voicemails. A nice chat with my grandma from Tennessee. Hubby making birthday cupcakes with our oldest two. Lots of hugs and kisses. Flipping through photography magazines at the book store. Lasagna dinner at mom's. An after dinner walk. Pink cake. Generous gifts and keeper cards. My son's bedtime prayer thanking God for me and my birthday. A kiss goodnight.

I love my birthday.

I love my birthday joy.

101/365

There were so many details about today that I was so deeply touched by. My mom had this banner hanging outside her house between her blooming weeping crab apple trees.

No matter how old I am, mom always knows how to make my birthday extra special.

101/365

11 comments:

Kori April 11, 2010 at 10:19 PM  

Happy Birthday, Lady! LOVE your family picture! Glad you have a special day!

Laurie April 11, 2010 at 10:43 PM  

Wow! Sounds like an amazing day! Your pictures are amazing! Let me know how you like your tablet! I did a little blurb on the tripod the other day :)

grandmabish April 11, 2010 at 10:57 PM  

Beautiful family photo! Happy birthday to you.

Sarah April 11, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

Beautiful! Happy Birthday!

Kat April 11, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

Ah happy birthday! I love that picture of your family. It is perfection. And too cute about your son's prayer.

Anonymous April 12, 2010 at 1:38 AM  

What a sweet moment you captured. You look very happy. Glad your day was special. I adore your blog and photography talent. Thanks for inspiring me each day with your appreciation for the little things! I love it.

Courtney April 12, 2010 at 5:38 AM  

Happy Birthday!!! I'm so glad to hear you had a special day!! Your family is adorable and I love this photo. It is so real!! Your blog is one of my favorite!!

elizabeth April 12, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

so happy your birthday was wonderful- I too love my birthday -I can be like a little kid!!!
Love the family picture - those can be rare now a days trying to get everyone in one picture.
Please let me know how you like your tablet -
does it really make it easier?
continue to have agreat monday!

Erin Gizzie April 12, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

Glad you had a fabulous birthday! The family pic is precious.

Melissa Weber April 12, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

Awww, Happy Birthday! I missed it yesterday, so happy belated. :) Love the family pic on the patio. Priceless.

Vicki April 12, 2010 at 11:06 PM  

Happy Birthday!!! LOVE the family photo!