Thursday, April 15, 2010

105/365... Busted joy.

They were sharing a special brother-sister moment under the big maple tree and enjoying a warm spring morning. I, of course, had to capture this special moment. So, I grabbed my camera and walked across our quiet street to set up my shot. I was in the mode and ready to shoot when I hear...

"Mom, why are you in the neighbor's yard taking our picture?" Busted!

I'm actually glad they busted me because who knows how long I would have stood there trying to capture every angle and gesture they made. Instead, I joined them underneath that tree to enjoy the warm spring morning.

Busted joy.

105/365

In other news... tonight I went to dinner with my dear, dear friend of 26 years!!! You know that friend is someone special if you cry when you first see each other and you don't want your time together to end. Love you, Gerdy!!

6 comments:

Mindy April 16, 2010 at 12:39 AM  

Awesome! I always try to sneak up on my kids too but rarely does it ever turn out before they've noticed and changed the scene. :)

grandmabish April 16, 2010 at 1:24 AM  

Friends like that are the BEST!

Kori April 16, 2010 at 7:00 AM  

Loved this one! And I have a friend like that too...she lives in Africa now...would LOVE to have dinner with her! =)

Diana April 16, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

Oh my, that just makes me HAPPY! Sorry I haven't been to visit! Found a nodule on my thyroid and had it scanned. Waiting to hear from the Dr.

elizabeth April 16, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

love how little the kids seem under the big tree!!!
happy weekend

Unknown April 16, 2010 at 5:18 PM  

oooh Love that big tree and how adorable your kiddos are..awww