Tuesday, September 14, 2010

257/365... Teaching kindergarten joy.

It's been a little over 2 years since I've taught in a classroom. There are days that I really miss it.

I subbed for my son's kindergarten class today. When we were walking out the door to go to school, my son said, "Mom, you look more like a teacher than a mom today." (I think it was the denim and khaki.)

I truly enjoyed being being a kindergarten teacher today. They are a wonderful group of students. When the day was over, I loved coming home to be a mom.

Teaching kindergarten joy.

257/365

In other news... the reason I'm subbing for my son's class is because his teacher has chicken pox! Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

In other, other news... I'm so honored to be featured on Wendy Vonsosen's photography blog. Check it out here

4 comments:

Mindy September 15, 2010 at 1:28 AM  

Your interview with Wendy was great - so much fun to see your photos and learn more about you! Glad you had a fun time in kinder today, I'm sure it was a special treat for your son as well!

Courtney September 15, 2010 at 7:01 AM  

How fun for you :O) I miss teaching sometimes too (but not enough to go back full time yet :O)

Courtney September 15, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

I just read your interview :O) I always wondered if your middle name was Joy! Loved getting to know you a little more!

Erica September 16, 2010 at 8:27 PM  

I love your blog...I'm your newest fan! So great to meet you today. I look forward to following you and your family. Good luck this weekend!
Erica Marten