Thursday, September 16, 2010

259/365... WPPI Road Trip joy

I was in photographer heaven today... better known as the WPPI 2010 Road Trip in Chicago.

I truly was in the midst of some of the greatest photographers I know... Sal Cincotta, Bob and Dawn Davis, Mike Fulton and Cody Clinton, and Jasmine Star.  I was informed, energized and inspired.


The best part of the day (besides learning from some of the greats) was chatting and getting to know fellow photographers.  In this industry, I have met some of the most genuine people... people who I would love to travel to Las Vegas with for the BIG WPPI show!

I brought home a notebook full of notes and a bag full of pamphlets, note cards, etc.  More importantly, I brought home the reminder in that whatever I do, keep it real and just be myself.

That is just what I intend to do.

I had a great time at the WPPI Road Trip in Chicago but then I was ready to come home to my small, country town.

WPPI Road Trip joy.


In other news... Happy Birthday to my dear friend, Lori, and her sweet baby girl, Alexandra!  Hope you both had a great day!

7 comments:

Courtney September 16, 2010 at 11:22 PM  

So jealous you got to go to that!! Do you think they would do one in Japan :O) That must have been so inspiring!! I did have a question. I noticed before that your thumbnail on my blog would say "this photo is currently unavailable". How did you fix that?? My photos have been saying that in thumbnails as well. Thanks!!

Romy Modlin September 16, 2010 at 11:41 PM  

Hi Shannon.
It was such a pleasure meeting you today. Thank you for inspiring me to get my blog going. It is now at the top of my list.

I am planning to go to Vegas next year, it would be great to reconnect with you there.

Take care!

Romy

Laurie September 17, 2010 at 4:40 AM  

Sounds like a good time!!!

Stephanie September 17, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

Lucky girl! Sounds like a great time. And who doesn't love J*?

elizabeth September 17, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

how cool is it that you went!!!!I would love to hear jasmine starr speak I think shes great.
thinking of you this weekend when you shoot your wedding - can't wait to see the photos!!!

Melanie September 17, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

How fun! I would love to go to this one day.

Mindy September 17, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

What a fun time! I'd love to go to WPPI one of these days.