Wednesday, August 18, 2010

230/365... McHenry County Photography Contest 2010 joy

Today was the preliminary judging of the images submitted for the county photography contest. I submitted 10 images.

Hubby and I took the kids to see "mommy's pictures" tonight. My daughter loved seeing the pictures of her on the display boards. My oldest son overheard someone commenting on one of my picture. He shared with me that "those people like your picture, mommy". The twins loved running in between the display boards.

It was nice to have their support.

I was truly in awe of the talent of local photographers. What an incredible feeling to have my work displayed among the work of such amazing artists.

I also had a chance to chat with the photographer who organized this event. She gave me some excellent feedback on my images. I think I could have talked to her all night about photography. It's nice to talk to someone who speaks your language.

McHenry County Photography Contest 2010 joy.

230/365

If you didn't see them, here they are :)

People-1

People-2

Digital Darkroom-1

Elements of Design-3

Black and White-1

Elements of Design-4

Black and White-3

Travel-2

Love is...

Animals-2

11 comments:

elizabeth August 18, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

I don't see how all those images don't make it to the finals
the one of your daughter is amazing!!!Simply stunning
Please let me know the results

Courtney August 18, 2010 at 10:27 PM  

Shannon, these are so beautiful!! What do you use to edit?? Do you use Lightroom??

Melanie August 18, 2010 at 10:30 PM  

These are so beautiful! I hope you win!

Mindy August 19, 2010 at 12:41 AM  

These are so amazing - I'll be shocked if you don't win something!

Laurie August 19, 2010 at 6:29 AM  

Can't wait to hear the results! Didn't you say the final was in October or something?

Alison August 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

Shannon, these are all awesome!!

Vicki August 19, 2010 at 6:31 PM  

These are all amazing Shannon! Can't wait to hear how you did!

grandmabish August 19, 2010 at 6:46 PM  

Every one of these is exceptional!
I'll be anxious to hear how you come out. lubral

Unknown August 19, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

Excited to hear how it goes..I love them all but your daughter in front of the door and the silhouette are amazingly awesome :)

Tamra August 22, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

Can't wait to hear which one wins :)!

Jen August 26, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

omg, Shannon. Your work always inspires and puts me in awe. I have so much admiration for your keeping this blog up for this entire year -- it is amazing!!! :)