Saturday, April 16, 2011

106/365... My hero joy

He was ready for his day-long fire training.
106/365

Although it was cold and rainy, he was fired up to fight fire.
106/365

It's amazing how quickly things can happen.

Near the end of a long training day, he was lighting a road flare when it popped in his face. The chemicals instantly went into his eyes. After flushing out his eyes, they were still burning.

A trip to the ER was necessary. He endured 15 minutes of pure misery while they flushed his eyes. My heart went out to him as I slowly watched the saline go down through the tubes, right into his eyes. When it was all done, he stuck his tongue out at me. I don't remember doing that to him after no less than 15 hours of labor with each pregnancy. Humph!
106/365

He was lucky. Very lucky. Some swelling. Minor scratches that will quickly heal.

It could have been so much worse.

God is so very, very good.

My hero joy.

6 comments:

Catherine April 18, 2011 at 9:52 PM  

The first one is a fantastic portrait! The second one has all the drama of fire. Glad to hear he is okay after the ER visit--your comment about labor made me chuckle!

Megan April 19, 2011 at 12:57 AM  

Oh my! I am so glad that your hubby will heal with no lasting consequences.

Stephanie April 19, 2011 at 9:48 AM  

thank goodness he is OK! and hey - my hubs is a Captain in our FD too!

Misty April 19, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

Thank the Lord he is ok. I got goosebumps when I read that he will be fine. I would have been a mess. These are beautiful photos especially the first one. Great job!

Photography April 19, 2011 at 12:50 PM  

Oh MY! So glad it wasn't worse! I did chuckle at your pregnancy remark!! :-)

Melanie April 26, 2011 at 12:12 PM  

I'm so glad he was ok! What a scary call that must have been to receive.