Monday, April 18, 2011

108/365... Beautiful spring day joy

Waking up to snow on the ground in the middle of April was not the perfect way to start the day. Looking at my poor wilting flower covered in frozen rain made me sad. Watching my kiddos' faces fall when they saw the snow and not sun broke my heart.

I found myself asking God, "Where is spring?".

He answered rather quickly.

By the day's end, the sun was shining. The snow had melted. The tulips were standing tall. The kids were playing outside.

It was a beautiful spring day.

Beautiful spring day joy.

18 April

9 comments:

Laurie April 18, 2011 at 9:12 PM  

This is just pitiful! I hope it warms up for you soon!

karren April 18, 2011 at 10:34 PM  

It's a beautiful shot of this poor little tulip! I'm glad it warmed up for you. We had a little bit of everthing today.

Kristin April 18, 2011 at 10:57 PM  

Very poignant photo! It truly tells the story of a crazy spring!

Nicoleann April 19, 2011 at 12:18 AM  

Shannon, we have the same photo today..LOL! This weather stinks! Boo, where did spring go?!

Photography April 19, 2011 at 12:48 PM  

How gorgeous is this!!!

Melissa April 19, 2011 at 8:26 PM  

Aw! That sad little flower! I'm glad God answered so quickly. Hope today was nice for you...and no snow!

Tamra April 20, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

Ugh! We haven't had a spring, either! Glad that the day, and everyone/everything perked up!

Carrie April 25, 2011 at 12:09 AM  

It breaks my heart to see suchabeautiful flower covered in ice, but the pic is retry eat too! Glad to hear it warmed up.

Tracy May 2, 2011 at 10:25 PM  

This is a perfect picture for our spring as well. I hope it warms up for you! Beautiful photo!