Saturday, October 16, 2010

289/365... Milwaukee joy

Hubby and I took our time getting out of bed on Saturday morning. We enjoyed the peace and quiet.

But... whenever I go anywhere new, I get a little antsy to explore the area. So, we had a fabulous breakfast and walked all over the city.
289/365

Our first stop was the Milwaukee Public Market. What a fun place!!! Great food!! Fun entertainment!!! Hubby treated himself with a chocolate bar and then he treated me with a pumpkin latte. Yummers!
289/365

I was in awe of the beautiful architecture of Milwaukee! Truly, the city is amazing!

Hubby and I enjoyed the day so much! We walked in and out of galleries, shops, and pubs.
289/365

I could do this getaway thing once every 3 or 4 months.

Especially if we stay at places like the Pfister! What a fabulous hotel!!

Hubby and I were sad that the day went so quickly. We had our "last supper" at the Steakhouse at our hotel. We then had a cocktail at the lounge on the top floor while overlooking the city.

It was the perfect way to end a perfect day.

Milwaukee joy.
289/365

In other news... my dear friend and her hubby welcomed their tiny, precious son into the world today! Little Bryce weighed in at a little over 2 pounds and is13 inches long. Mom and baby are doing well. Continue to pray for the new parents, the family and for their little Bryce to continue to grow stronger every day. God is so very good.

Welcome to the world, Bryce James!

0 comments: