Thursday, October 28, 2010

301/365...Pumpkin Carving Day joy

Yippee!!! Pumpkin Carving Day!!

How I loved watching each of my children's reactions to this experience.

I gave each of the kids a dry erase marker to draw a face on their pumpkin. Of course, I wasn't expecting the youngest two to do that.

The baby of them all wasn't quite sure what to even do with the marker.
301/365

After watching his siblings for a bit, he quickly figured it out.
301/365

Hmmm... who gave him the permanent Sharpee?
301/365

My baby girl was so serious about making her pumpkin's face... and hair... and ears... and legs....
301/365

My oldest little man was fairly grossed out about taking out the seeds and gunk from inside the pumpkin. Once he got the hang of it, he took off his shirt and was elbow deep in the pumpkin.

He now wants to carve pumpkins every night.
301/365


Good ol' pumpkin guts. The twins were completely grossed out by the stuff. Baby girl and the oldest could have bathed in it.
301/365

And the results...
301/365

I helped them out a bit.

I think this is a day that the kids will always remember... and so will I.

Pumpkin Carving Day joy.

3 comments:

Laurie October 29, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

We hope to carve on Saturday! I wish I had my camera back though. Going back to an entry level camera (and it's crapola lenses) is the pits! These are the little things that I hope the kids will always remember. Is this a tradition at your house?

Stephanie October 29, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Those pumpkins are as cute as can be! Happy Halloween!

grandmabish October 30, 2010 at 8:21 PM  

Such a fun post... I love the glowing faces!