Thursday, January 14, 2010

14/365... I Heart Faces: Hands of Love



I have decided to do a I Heart Faces challenge! The theme is "hands".

A dear friend of mine has breast cancer.

Tonight I held her hand. I cried with her as her hair was shaved off. I laughed with her when she was practicing putting on her wig and it slightly resembled the Farrah Faucet do. I marveled at how beautiful she is... with or without hair.

Her life is so blessed with a beautiful daughter, a loving husband, a caring mom, and supportive friends. In this image, she is holding her mom's hand. Sometimes you just need your mom. No matter how old you are. Especially when you are fighting cancer.

14/365

10 minutes before I left to be with my dear friend, I found this book lying on the toy room floor. My kids are too young to read this book so I have no idea why it was even out. The title of this book is true but tonight... haircuts hurt.

Fighting joy.

14/365

8 comments:

Diana January 15, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

Lovely black and white!

Marla January 15, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

Oh what a precious post. Prayers for your sweet friend.

Amy McMaster January 15, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

A beautiful post, images and words. Prayers for your dear friend. <3

Laurie January 15, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

What a beautiful picture! I was a hematology/oncology RN before kiddos. What a good friend you are to be there for her!

Melissa Weber January 15, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

Chills. Very touching story and photo(s).

Kat January 16, 2010 at 12:23 AM  

Touching. Beautiful story and best wishes for your friend.

SarahCate January 16, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

What a beautiful photo of two friends.
Your friend is in my prayers!

Erin M February 22, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

prayers for your friend