Friday, January 29, 2010

29/365... Thankful joy

A mother just knows when something is just not right with her child. It's like a sixth sense.

We made 3 trips to the doctor this week. After each visit, I wasn't completely confident that the high fevers, decreased appetite, irritable behavior, lack of energy, etc. were all due to the immunizations.

Today, my baby needed to have an IV put in to rehydrate his poor little body. It tears your heart out to see your child so sick. You just feel so helpless.

What is my "simple joy" today? I actually have several. My baby didn't need to be admitted into the hospital. He has eaten. He has played. He has smiled. He has even laughed.

And I don't think my oldest son has chicken pox like I thought he did earlier this evening.

God is so good.

Thankful joy.

29/365

3 comments:

merydwen January 29, 2010 at 11:52 PM  

Poor baby! But that discernment is truly a gift to be thankful for!

Courtney January 30, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

Poor thing.....so glad he didn't have to be hospitalized!

breeze January 31, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

Aww. Glad his spirits are up <3