Tuesday, January 5, 2010

5/365... Yarn joy

Last year I taught myself how to knit and crochet. (I'm a DIY kind of gal). I LOVE yarn! I love the way it feels. I love the way it smells. I love the colors. Today my oldest two kids helped me sort and organize my yarn. It's been a while since I've picked up those knitting needles. I think when the house is quiet tonight, I just may knit something.

Yarn joy.

5/365

This post is in celebration of the best yarn ball winder I know (not to mention a very special friend). Happy Birthday, Katie!

8 comments:

Julie Danielle January 5, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

I learned to knit last year too! Sadly have not done much since. Love all the colors of yarn you have :)

Marla January 5, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

Wow, I wish I knew how to do that! Cute shot!

Diana January 5, 2010 at 6:56 PM  

Love this Shannon. I'm having so much fun with Project 365 too!

Laurie January 5, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

I tried to learn to crochet and I sucked at it. No one could talk to me or I lost count and had to start over! LOL! I don't think I was fun to be around while "crocheting."

Shannon Joy January 5, 2010 at 7:47 PM  

Thanks, everyone :)

Amy January 5, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

Yarn makes me so happy. I have a huge collection that I've accumulated over the years and I just like to sit and look at it, I have no idea how to knit LOL.

breeze January 6, 2010 at 8:04 AM  

Love this picture! I have a huge yarn stash hiding away, waiting to be knit up into something. Can't seem to find the time, though.

SarahCate January 7, 2010 at 12:19 AM  

I love this picture!
I am teaching myself to knit...again...its so much harder than what I remember my Grandmother teaching me.