Friday, March 4, 2011

63/365... Breathe and pray joy

This week was extra challenging. The weekend couldn't come soon enough.

When I woke up and saw that it was raining, I just wanted to lay in bed and cry. I needed the sun to shine today.

I stomped to my closet to change into my exercise outfit, grumpy face and all. I stomped to my tv, threw in my yoga dvd, and humphed my way to the yoga mat.

I was not in the mood.

Breathe. Pray.

That's all I needed to do. Breathe and pray.

In the downward dog position, God reassured me that the rain was not going to ruin my new day. I now saw the rain as a sign that warmer weather would be coming soon.

Spring.

With spring comes renewal. New flowers. New hopes. New adventures.

New.

And all I needed to do was breathe and pray.

Breathe and pray joy.

63/365

5 comments:

Laurie March 6, 2011 at 9:30 AM  

Spring will come! Lots of rain here too :( but like I tell Ben, rain makes everything green. Can't wait for more color outdoors!

Tracy March 6, 2011 at 11:03 AM  

This kinda makes me want to see rain! :) I love spring for the fact that the kiddos love putting their rain gear on. Spring will come! Such a calming photo.

Kristin March 6, 2011 at 11:08 PM  

You're posts are always so real...and so inspiring to me. Thank you for being a breath of fresh air.

TOLIVER FAMILY March 6, 2011 at 11:11 PM  

cool shot`

Mindy March 7, 2011 at 12:15 AM  

What a great reminder and ray of hope!