Tuesday, March 29, 2011

88/365... Reading with meaning joy

I can vividly remember the first time my husband read to our oldest when he was an infant.

It was the most boring reading of Goodnight Moon that I had ever heard. Too fast. Monotone. Horrible.

It was my teacher instinct to share with my husband what "reading with meaning" should sound like. Luckily, he was a good student and has made significant progress in the past 5 years.

And now, our babies love listening to their daddy read.

And so do I.

Reading with meaning joy.

88/365

5 comments:

Julie Danielle April 11, 2011 at 1:12 PM  

What a sweet picture :)

Laurie April 11, 2011 at 2:21 PM  

Haha! I think it is a guy thing. Brent does really well making voices for each character (I'm not into that....I can never remember each voice!), but he has definitely improved too. Love this picture. Glad to see ya posting ;)

Jamie April 11, 2011 at 3:01 PM  

Sweet picture!!

Branson April 11, 2011 at 5:19 PM  

I love the perspective on this shot!

Misty April 11, 2011 at 11:23 PM  

Precious shot!