Saturday, March 12, 2011

71/365... Refreshed and renewed joy

The National Hearts at Home Conference will be an annual event in my planner.

When I arrived at Hearts at Home, I was running on empty. I was starting to succumb to the fact that as a mom of 4 young children, that was just how I was going to feel. Tired. Impatient. Stressed.

I walked into the conference with 4,500 other moms ready to be refueled. My heart, soul, and mind were ready.

I cried hard. I laughed hard. I listened hard. I prayed hard.

It was emotionally and physically exhausting but spiritually uplifting.

When the conference ended, I felt like a new woman. A new mom. A new wife.

And I was ready to go home to my hubby and babies. Refreshed and renewed.

Refreshed and renewed joy.

12 March

5 comments:

Tori March 14, 2011 at 9:18 PM  

How wonderful! I've never gone, but have always thought about it. Next time, look me up! I'm right here near Bloomington, ya know! :)

lacey March 15, 2011 at 9:25 AM  

Oh, I could really use this. Maybe someday it will come closer to Oregon. :)

I'm so glad you and your mom were blessed by your time at the conference!

Mindy March 16, 2011 at 3:01 AM  

What a wonderful opportunity you had to go - I'm thankful it was such an impactful weekend for you! I'll need to look into this conference and see if there is anything like it here in CA.

Stephanie March 16, 2011 at 6:55 PM  

I'm glad you went home recharged and had a good time!

Photography March 19, 2011 at 8:31 AM  

Sounds wonderful so glad it was worth it and you feel re-energised!