Friday, March 11, 2011

70/365... Mommy's Time Out joy.

Being a mom is the most difficult job that I have ever had. It is stressful, demanding, draining, exhausting, and so on. It's a 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year job with minimal breaks. Minimal "time-outs". No time to re-fuel the mind and soul.

When I first heard about the National Hearts at Home Conference, I thought "this sounds amazing but there is just no way I can be gone for over 24-hours". When I mentioned the conference to hubby, he gave me the go ahead. God does work in mysterious ways.

As perfect timing would have it, the best mom that I have ever known and will ever know was able to come with me. My very own mom.

The first night of Hearts at Home was AWESOME! Laughter and singing praises to God while being surrounded by 4,500 moms was exactly how I needed to spend my "mommy's time out".

Then, mom and I went back to the hotel, put on our pj's, ate pistachios, and indulged in some "Mommy's Time Out".

Mommy's Time Out joy.

70/365

4 comments:

Laurie March 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM  

Sounds like fun. I'm especially loving the glassware :)

whippetmom March 14, 2011 at 7:39 PM  

lol :) Love it!

Catherine March 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM  

That sounds awesome!

Mindy March 16, 2011 at 3:02 AM  

So sweet especially that you were able to enjoy this time with your mom!