Friday, March 18, 2011

77/365... ER visit joy

Just when you think the day is going exactly to plan, you receive a phone call.

Come home quick. Carter is screaming in pain. He says his stomach hurts really bad.

He isn't the kind of kid to scream in pain.

As a mom, the mind starts spinning. And it thinks the worst.

I rushed him to the ER. By the time we got there he was feeling better.

In fact, he wanted ice cream.

The dr. gave us the results of the x-ray and blood work. Gas. I rushed my child to the ER for gas.

ER visit joy.

Disclaimer: I'm not settling on the "gas" diagnosis. He has had several tummy issues lately and I plan to have him looked at by his pediatrician.

77/365

10 comments:

Carrie March 20, 2011 at 9:31 PM  

Oh no! Poor guy. I hope he's feeling better and I hope the second opinion turns out well. Keep us posted.

tatyannashope March 20, 2011 at 9:47 PM  

Poor little guy! I hope your pediatrician is able get things figured out quickly.
(we spend Saturday in the ER with Tatyanna with very similar symptoms)

Misty March 20, 2011 at 9:59 PM  

That's scary. I hope that's all it was.

Laurie March 20, 2011 at 10:56 PM  

I'm sorry! I couldn't help but laugh at your comment. I hope it is just gas. :)

Melissa March 20, 2011 at 11:07 PM  

Oh, no! Hope he feels better.

Stephanie March 21, 2011 at 11:07 AM  

Poor kiddo! Hope everything is fine!

lacey March 21, 2011 at 4:57 PM  

Scary! I'm glad you followed your instincts to go, though. I pray nothing's going on with his tummy!

karren March 21, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

Well, as we know, gas can be very painful! pain is a good reason to go to the ER. I bet they see it more often than we'd like to think. I hope he feels better quickly and that there is nothng else amiss.

Branson March 21, 2011 at 11:37 PM  

Poor guy! Always better to be safe though! :) So glad he felt better fast!

Diana March 22, 2011 at 7:43 PM  

Thinking of you! Love your blog.